Written by the land salmon
I have recently been reading up a bit on the life and work of British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. In my reading, I have run across a number of his famous quotes that are both funny and insightful. He is widely considered to be among the most intelligent people living today. Here is what he has to say…
10. “Einstein was wrong when he said “God does not play dice”. Consideration of black holes suggests, not only that God does play dice, but that He sometimes confuses us by throwing them where they can’t be seen.”
9. “I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”
8. “My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”
7. “I find that American & Scandinavian accents work better with women.” In response to a question about the American accent of his synthesiser.
6. “Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve the sales. In the end, however, I did put in one equation, Einstein’s famous equation, E = mc2. I hope that this will not scare off half of my potential readers.”
5. “My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.”
4. “To show this diagram properly, I would really need a four dimensional screen. However, because of government cuts, we could manage to provide only a two dimensional screen.”
3. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”
2. “The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be pinely inspired.”
1. “Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.”
heyyyy, stephen hawking IS NOT funny, 🙂
please add this blog
why stephen hawking sick ?
Stephen Hawking is severely disabled by a motor neurone disease known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Hawking’s illness is markedly different from typical ALS in that his form of ALS would make for the most protracted case ever documented. A survival for more than ten years after diagnosis is uncommon for ALS; the longest documented durations, other than Hawking’s, are thirty-two and thirty-nine years and these cases were termed benign because of the lack of the typical progressive course.
I feel so bad. The world’s greatest mind in a ruined body. He could’ve been the 21st century Albert Einstein with a sense of humor, but instead has to settle for this. I hope to be as smart as him. I’ll do all I can. He’s my smartest role model!!!! (nd)
would u go on a blind date with him?
Can STEPHEN HAWKING be the PRESIDENT of the world…
Sir Stephen hawking is the master of universe, we must respect him…as due to his efforts today we know much about the time travel, aliens ,life on other planets and his famous theory ie theory of everything
He is really intelligent of our time but the world doesn’t know him that much yet let us acknowledge him during his life time .