Written by vadakkus
You are older than you think! Making you think many things happened “recently” is a trick played by your sub-conscious to make you think you are young and kicking. Inspired by XKCD’s Epic diagram that makes people think they are old based on movie release dates, and then 40 things that make you feel old, I present my contribution – with more of Indian stuff thrown in. Enjoy, feel old and miserable! So,(Note: Important information at the end.)
Do You Realize That:
1. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge was released 16 years ago.
2. Windows XP was released TEN years ago, in 2001.
3. The “new” Millennium is more than a decade old.
4. Chetan Bhagat’s antics have been around for the past 7 years!
5. Pierce Brosnan last acted as James Bond 9 years ago.
7. It’s been 10 years since 9/11
8. The Matrix came out 12 years ago, Keanu Reeves is 46 today
9. Mother Theresa and Lady Diana have been dead for 14 years.
10. Remember Jungle Book on Doordarshan? That was more than 15 years ago.
11. This happened a whopping 17 years ago.
Yes, they are old, too!
12. Macaulay Culkin is 30 today. “Home Alone” came out over 20 years ago.
13. Terminator 2 is 20 years old. Edward Furlong who portrayed kid John Connor is 33 now.
14. Sean Connery is 80 years old and retired.
15. The youngest Spice Girl is 35, the oldest Backstreet Boy 39, Gwen Stefani is 41, Madonna 52
16. The first Harry Potter book came out when I was in High School. 14 years ago!
17. The first season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S was aired 17 years ago! Age of the cast:
18. Remember these Guys?
19. Akshay Kumar is older than the moon landing – He was born in 1967
20. Arnold Schwarzenegger is older than India. He was born in June 1947
21. ‘Kids’ born in 1993 can legally drive, drink and vote this year.
Where are my car keys, bob?
22. Jurassic Park is older than Justin Bieber.
23. Justin Bieber. Rebecca Black. Miley Cyrus.
24. Rajiv Gandhi has been dead for 20 years.
25. Bryan Adams’ cult song “Summer of 69? was released 26 years ago.
26. Kids whom you remember in their diapers posting their pics on Facebook
Not like this, though.
27. Facebook has been around for 7 years. Orkut for 9.
Fraandshipping since 2002
28. Remember the little girl from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai? She is 23 now (Sana Saeed)
29. The Maruti Zen was first introduced 18 years ago.
30. And of course, the Rasna Girl. She is all grown up as well!
Hope you are feeling better now. Please let me know.
(P.S.: It is fine if you want to copy and send this as an email forward, but be kind enough to give me credit and include this as well: From vadakkus.com, Source: http://bit.ly/feeloldindia Took a lot of work to create this, appreciation is appreciated! )
Thank you for plagiarizing my blog post. *Sigh*. Click here for the original post
It’s not plagiarizing when he cited the source, where exactly does it say that he wrote it? He’s actually helping your blog getting more traffic.
Loved it. But had to do a 150% magnification on my 19″ screen to read this ’cause my eyesight just ain’t what it used to be. (LOL)
Is this going to become a recurring theme? I saw this same kind of post a few weeks ago on this very site.