Written by news.com.au
Here is a list of the world’s most ridiculous laws… no wonder lawyers earn so much!
– In Victoria Australia, only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a lightbulb.
– In Victoria Australia it is forbidden to wear pink hot pants after mid-day on a Sunday.
– It England, it is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
– It England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
– It England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
– In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
– Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.
– In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
– In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
– Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
– In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.
– In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.
– In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.
– In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.
– In the UK, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
– In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.
– In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.
– In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
– In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.
– In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.
– In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.
– In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
– In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.
– In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
– In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
– In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.
– The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen – in case she needs the bones for her corset.
– In Eureka, Nevada, USA, it is still illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
– In Alexandria, Minnesota, USA, it is still illegal for a man who has garlic, onions or sardines on his breath to have sex with his wife.
– In Logan County, Colorado, USA, it is still illegal to kiss a woman while she is asleep.
– In Providence, Rhode Island, USA, it is still illegal for shop owners to sell toothpaste and toothbrushes to the same customer on a Sunday.
– In Zion, Illinois, USA, it is still illegal to offer cigars to your pets.
– In St. Louis, Missouri, USA, it is still illegal for firemen to rescue women who are still in their nightdresses.
– In Ames, Iowa, USA, it is still illegal for men to have three sips of beer while they are in bed with their wives.
– In Maryland, USA, it is still illegal for radio stations to play Randy Newman’s song ‘Short people’.
– In Oklahoma, USA, it is still illegal to make faces at a dog, a crime that could result in a prison sentence.
– In Texas, USA, criminals are still required to give their victims at least 24 hours oral or written notice giving details of the crime they are about to commit.
– In Washington, USA, it is still an offence to pretend that you have rich parents.
– In Baltimore, Maryland, USA, it is still an offence to take a lion into a cinema.
– In Tremonton, Utah, USA, it is still an offence for a woman to have sexual intercourse with a man in an ambulance. She can be charged with a misdemeanour and have her name printed in the local paper.
– In Oxford, Ohio, USA, it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.
– In Miami, Florida, USA, it is still illegal for anyone to imitate an animal.
– In Afghanistan the Taliban militia banned women from wearing white socks just in case men find them attractive. The police are also ordered windows to be painted black to stop women being seen from the outside.
– In the USA impotence is grounds for divorce in 24 states.
– In Illinois, USA, it is against the law to give a lighted cigar to a pet.
– In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.
– In International Falls, Minnesota, USA, it is against the law for a dog to chase a cat up a telegraph pole and dog owners can be fined for this.
– In Kentucky, USA, it is illegal to carry and ice cream cone in your pocket.
– In Louisiana, USA, if you bite someone with your own teeth it is classed as ‘Simple assault’ but if you bite someone with your dentures it is classed as ‘aggravated assault.’
– In Massachusetts, USA, it is illegal for mourners to eat no more than three sandwiches at a wake.
– In Chico, California, USA, the law says that anybody who detonates a nuclear device within the city limits is liable to a fine of $500.
– In Lebanon any man may legally have sex with any animal just as long as it is a female.
– In Conorsville, Wisconsin, USA, it is illegal for a man to fire a gun while his wife is having an orgasm.
– In Tremonton, Utah, USA, it is illegal for a woman to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance.
– In Oblong, Illinois, it is illegal to make love while fishing or hunting on your wedding day.
– In Bahrain it is illegal for a doctor to look directly at a woman’s genitals while he is examining her although he is permitted to see their reflection in a mirror.
– In Ames, Iowa, USA, a husband may not take more than three gulps of beer while lying in bed with his wife.
– In Hastings, Nebraska, USA, the law says that hotel owners have to provide a clean white cotton nightshirt for each guest. Also no couples are allowed to have sex in the hotel unless they are wearing these nightshirts.
– In Willowdale, Oregon, USA, no man may curse while having sex with his wife.
– In Indonesia the punishment for masturbation is execution by decapitation.
– In Kingsville, Texas, USA, it is against the law for pigs to have sex on airport property.
– In Florida it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine.
– During World War I anyone found to be a homosexual in the French army was executed.
– Hundreds of years ago in Japan anyone who attempted to leave the country was instantly executed.
– The very first country to abolish capital punishment was Austria in 1787.
– In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, it was illegal to tie a male horse next to a female horse.
– In San Diego, USA, hypnotism is banned by public schools.
– Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
– In Paraguay duelling is legal just as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
– In Milan, Italy, there is still a law that requires citizens to smile at all times or risk a hefty fine. The only exceptions are visiting hospitals and funerals.
– In Switzerland every citizen is required by law to have access to a bomb shelter.
– In Burma it is illegal to get internet access. If a person is found in possession of a modem he can be imprisoned.
– In Bangladesh it is against the law for schoolchildren to cheat at school exams. Pupils as young as 15 can be imprisoned for this.
– Until 1984 Belgians were made to choose their children’s names from a list of 1500 drawn up in the days of Napoleon.
– In Romania, in 1935, Mickey Mouse was banned because the authorities thought that the sight of a 10ft high rodent on screen would terrify the nation’s children.
– Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he never wore pants.
– Belgium is the only country that has never imposed censorship on adult films.
– Karate films were banned in Iraq in 1979.
– In Indiana, USA, during the 1950’s, all Robin Hood films were banned because authorities thought that robbing the rich to give to the poor was an act of communism.
– In Iceland it was once against the law to own a pet dog.
– The bloodhound is the only animal in the world whose evidence is admissable in court.
– In Basle, Switzerland, in 1471, a cockerel was found guilty in a court of law for laying an egg “In defiance of natural law”. The bird was then burnt at the stake as a “Devil in disguise”.
– In Stelvio, Italy, in 1519, a court issued a warrant for the arrest of a gang of moles that had severely damaged crops. The moles were sumoned to court but when they failed to appear they were sentenced to exile.
– In South Bend, Indiana, USA, a monkey was once found guilty of smoking a cigarette.
– In Munster, in 1670, the courts banished a plague of fleas from the city, prohibiting them from returning for ten years.
– In Seville, Spain, in 1983, an alsatian dog was arrested for snatching handbags from shoppers.
– Judge J.H. Logan from California, USA, created the Loganberry fruit. He crossed a wild blackberry with a cultivated raspberry and came up with his own fruit.
– In ancient Sparta men were required by law to eat at least two pounds of meat every day. This was supposed to make them brave.
– In Turkey, during the 16th and 17th centuries, it was illegal to drink coffee and anyone caught doing so was sentenced to death.
– In Venice all gondolas have to be painted black unless they belong to a high ranking official.
– In England, in 1865, a law was passed stating that any self propelled carriage on an English highway had to have a crew of three, one of whom had to walk in front of the carriage with a red flag to warn horse drawn vehicles of it’s approach.
– In Rome, 2,000 years ago, Julius Caesar banned chariots from the centre of Rome to ease congestion.
– In London, England, there is still a law that states London Taxi cabs must carry a bale of hay at all times.
– In Bermuda, up until 1948, all private cars were banned.
– At one time it was against the law to slam car doors in Switzerland.
– In Britain, in 1888, a law was passed which stated that every cyclist had to constantly ring the bell on his bicycle non-stop while the machine was moving.
– In Singapore it is illegal for a person to walk around the house naked and not flushing the toilet. Also a person can be executed if they are found in possession of more than 200g of cannabis resin. Oral sex is banned unless it is used only during foreplay and if a person is caught littering the streets he is forced to make an appearance on TV with a bib around his neck saying “I’m a litterer.”
– In Birmingham, England, it is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex on church steps after sundwon.
– In Iowa, USA, it is illegal for horses to eat fire hydrants.
– In Denmark it is not illegal for a convicted prisoner to escape from prison. If the escapee is caught he only serves the rest of his sentence.
– In Denmark it is illegal to start your car without first checking to see if there are any children asleep underneath it.
– In Thailand it is illegal to step on a banknote, leave your house without wearing underwear and if you drop a piece of bubblegum on the pavement you can be fined $600.
– In Thailand all cinema goers must stand up during the National Anthem before a film starts.
– In Switzerland it is against the law for men to urinate standing up after 10pm which is the same time that it is illegal to flush the toilet.
– In Canada, by law, 1 out of every 5 songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian and in British Columbia it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found.
– In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on.
– In London, England, it is illegal to use a camera tripod, throw a stick for your dog or use an offensive powder like pepper on your jacket potato in any park.
– In London, England, wife beating is legal just as long as it is not after 9pm and it doesn’t disturb the neighbours.
– In London, England, it is illegal to impersonate a Chelsea pensioner which once carried the death sentence in the 19th century.
– In Lebanon men are allowed to have sex with any other animal just as long as it is a female. If a man is caught having sex with a male animal then the penalty is death.
– Non-Christians have been banned from being within 20 metres of churches in Rovato, Italy. The move, instigated by the local government, has angered police because a major highway passes within 15 metres of one of the churches. Officers claim that they cannot be expected to stop motorists and demand to see a Baptism Certificate.
– North Carolina has a law to ban people from swearing in front of cadavers. The law also sets out guidelines transporting the recently deceased after one funeral firm was caught piling stiffs onto the back of a pick-up truck. It outlaws ‘profanity, indecent or obscene language in the presence of a dead human body’ making it technically illegal to say the ‘f’ word in front of a hearse!
– In Minnesota, USA, it is still against the law to hang male and female underwear together on the same washing line.
– In Indiana, USA, in the 1950’s anything to do with Robin Hood was banned on the grounds that robbing from from the rich to give to the poor was a communist act!
– In England, in 1837, a law was passed that entitled a woman to bite off a man’s nose if he kissed her against her will!
– The Egyptian government banned male belly-dancing in 1837 because of the enthusiastic riots that it caused.
– In Arizona, USA, it is illegal to hunt camels.
– In California, USA, in 1986, Judge Samuel King became so annoyed that jurors were absent from his court because of heavy rain that he issued a decree which stated “I hereby order that it cease raining by Tuesday.”
Amazingly it stopped raining on Tuesday and California suffered a 5 year drought.
In 1991 the judge then decreed “Rain shall fall in California beginning February 27th.” Later that day California had the heaviest rainfall in ten years.
– In Alexandria, Minneapolis, USA, it is against the law for a man to make love to a woman with the smell of sardines on his breath.
Hi, I’m from Singapore, and would just like to improve the accuracy of this. (Note, I’m not justifying the absurdity, just the accuracy).
It’s okay to chew gum, it’s not legal to import chewing gum for sale.
walking naked and flusing toilet are seperate offences.
Littering does not give you a TV presence, though you have to serve “Corrective Work Order” (which is what the “bib” says, rather than “I’m a litterer”.
Yet another great article. Keep it up.
Brightened my day — best list ever!
I would have been good, if it wasn’t the exact same laws that are in every other list of “weird laws.” Also, I’m pretty sure the author just cut and pasted it from other lists, seeing as how some of the items were repeated, and the format changed a couple of times.
Well, I don’t know the accuracy of all of them, but living in Switzerland I can definitively say that “In Switzerland it is against the law for men to urinate standing up after 10pm which is the same time that it is illegal to flush the toilet” is wrong.
k dude i just wanna say that you have the same exact thing as every other website.so den and those arent real.sooooo keep of the goood worrkkk
I would just like to say, give me some fucking sources. Where’s the sources? Evidence, dammit, or else you just have a stupid, ignorant, un-researched chainletter.
the rules about canada..? um yeah there are rules on how much candaian content must be played ..its not ridiculous its to protect canadian artist from americans
Hey, there’s no such law in Indonesia! I am an Indonesian and I masturbate every time I need it. So fuck off and wipe that entry clean, dumb ass!
Those laws show how much time politicians waste. I wish I could find out who they were.
I have a friend from Canada. It is illegal to throw a moose out of an airplane or helicopter on Wednesdays.
My dad is also a firefighter in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, and they are to rescue everyone, so it is not illegal to resue a woman in her nightdress
this is bul shit i never heard of theese laws i travel around the world and been to most of theses places and never onces i have i got fined or imprisoned!!!! and wheres the god damn proof!!!
This is all a fucking hoax delete this thing NOW!!!
In MEXICO rock and roll music as well as performances by any rock and roll band were banned during 15 years in the 1970’s.
It looks as though politicians have not changed over the centuries or by location. Give them a little power and they go crazy.
in georgia it is illegal to have oral sex
i actually know of someone who was cought on tape and was punished
In Montana a gathering of more than seven Native Americans is considered a war party and you can engage them in open warfare.
In the small town in Texas where I grew up it was illegal to spit on Main street. The nick name of that street was “Spit Street”
This soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. All these laws. I would break all of them in a matter of seconds.
In Beijing you are not allowed to have lights on your bicycle (tricycle when it’s dark), you are not allowed to spit or litter i public places. You are not allowed to be more than three people together when having a meeting or dinner. You are not allowed to wear a banner or a badge with a message, nor to have a flag that is from an other country than your own. You have to carry with you your passport when you are out in the city. You are allowed to demonstrate and state your opinion in three places/parks in the city, if you have the permission from the Public Security. Mongolian and black people are not to served in bars.
I have to admit the article was an interesting read, however i doubt the accuracy as well as strict reinforcement of many of these laws. There are many laws written in bills that we do not even know about but they do come in handy when some “freak” accidents happen and people sue. Actually, being well informed in the sphere, many of these strange laws do arise only as a result of a freak lawsuit.
Lack of sources is irrelevant, this is a for-fun article people, you want sources, read the bills, the constitutions.
Shit “john” it takes you ” a matter of seconds” to masturbate lol
each country have unique culture,……so….nothing weird on those law,……I`am Indonesian,…..we don`t have such law as mention above …….please correct it……thanks
for such a shitty article & and complete waste of time it had me hooked til the very end. I NEED MORE….
So I’m sure most of these laws were written in a time where it might have been necessary to have them. Its not like the politician’s are really sitting around thinking of these insane laws. Well, I dont think so anyways.
Just because these laws are on the books doesnt mean they are enforced. Some of them are hundreds of yrs old!!! Quit nit-picking!!!See the humor people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am from England and have no doubt some of the archaic laws still exist but are so outdated have been lost in time.
I live in Oregon, USA, and I’ve never heard of any of these laws, I call bull shit. Most of them sound rediculous and no way will stand up in court. You cant hang underwear of the opposite sex on the same line? A man cant make love w/a woman w/the smell of sardines on his breath? It’s illegal to carry ice cream in you pocket? What judge really gives a flying fuck about this stuff. Thats why our government and many others are so messed up. Its because they consume their time w/bull shit laws and ignore the real problems…Most of these laws sound like a lie to me though…
Did you know in Utah it is illegal to ride a mountain lion while wearing a top hat and singing michael bolton songs?
Do your research before claiming these laws are BS. You would be amazed at some of the laws that are not only still on the books, but enforceable. If a law is on the books, it is enforceable…not that many of them will get enforced…but don’t piss off a cop in the area and break one of these strange laws!
these laws are called “blue laws” and it would present a great hardship to petition the court to erase them. so they just ignore them but on occasion it creats a situation. in oregon an inmate who was a paralegal found thye law still on the book saying that when an inmate was realesed from prision he was to receive a horse blanket a gun and a twenty dollar gold piece. he sued and the authorities were frantic he finally accepted 1500 dollars instead to drop the case when they informed him he would be charged with ex con in possesion and put right back in jail if he accepted a fire arm. also when trying to bust a couple for drugs the officers could see them enguaged in oral sex when they found no drugs they charged them with lewed sex a old statute the da found
To clarify the Kentucky Law –
It is illegal in Kentucky to put a ice cream cone in your BACK pocket and walk down the street. In the old days this was how horses were stolen – they would just follow the ice cream.
A lot of you are saying these laws aren’t true. But these are ALL real laws. They are still in the legal books. Just because they are there however does not mean they are actually enforced.
For instnace it is illegal in California to peel an Orange in a hotel room. This is a very true law. But the fact is its not priority enough for the police members to memorize it as an offense, and they will not likely be checking every hotel to see if you are peeling an orange. But the fact is, its still in the law books.
In Kentucky, USA, it is illegal to carry and ice cream cone in your pocket
it should be an ice cream cone….not and.
No most if not all of these laws are real,most are very old and were made at times when lawmakers needed to show they were passing laws to protect and serve the people usually around election times.
Many states in the USA have laws regarding how you are to beat your wife but new laws have actually abolished those 100+ yr old laws our law makers just dont go back and see what laws are already on the books or need to be removed, Many laws we currently have have been made laws over and over again with just different wordings.
and many of the “old laws” still on the books cannot be prosecuted because of interpretations of the bill of rights or other new laws.
as one poster put it they sometimes use the rediculous laws to stop lawsuits from happening especially ones against Govt and high class or rich persons..
also keep in mind many of the really old laws are from a time and place we cannot imagine even living in, we are used to cars,planes,trains,refridgerators,ice,canned foods,boxed foods etc.
things such as these were not even in what they had for science fiction writings back then….
in washington it is illegal to carry wirecutters on your saddle; in stanfield oregon it you will be fined if your animals are copulating in public; in texas you cannot order a pitcher of beer at the bar, you must sit at a table.
this is utter fuckery
suck your mother kirby
could a nice pretty girl call me at 18763998040 (Jamaica)
I’m sure these laws are real but they are not inforced. So for you people saying that these laws are not real.,go to your local court house and look them up.I’m sure you will find that these are real laws.
In oklahoma if a couple is heard by two people calling eachother husband and wife, they are legally married.
after reading this, i now feel compelled to break every one of these laws (except the ones about bangin animals). i just want to see how strictly enforced they are, even though most of them are bullshit and most of them probably arent laws anymore. and what the hell is up with that oral sex law? i love gettin head. blow jobs keep me motivated, and if anyone tried to take them from me, i would go on a fucking rampage and kill everyone in my path. i will re-post and let u know if i get arrested for any of them.
now if youll excuse me, i have to go beat my wife before 9 pm rolls around. im gonna kick the shit out of her.
i wish texas enforced the law saying criminals are still required to give their victims at least 24 hours oral or written notice before committing a crime! lol
and for the nonbelievers of some of this nonsense, you should google Ocean Grove, N.J. a town with a population of 7000 that bans almost everything on sundays. Heavy chains block the roads into town, and no cars are allowed to move on the streets. Outdoor work, swimming, fishing, skating or buy even an ice cream cone is banned. Until a newsdealer won a court suit several years ago, papers could not be delivered on Sunday. crazy!
and ps- kirby, i dont doubt the pitcher of beer thing is a law, but TABC doesnt enforce that law, or even teach it in the class to obtain a tabc card.
oh, and why is there no mention of the law saying you can beat you wife with a stick as long as its no bigger than your thumb? maybe the ‘rule of thumb’ law isnt on the books anywhere anymore, idk.
ajj- thats true in texas, if you introduce someone as your husband or wife even once, you are common law married.
Most of these are actual laws, they just don’t enforce them anymore. They are absurdly funny, lighten up people.
LMAO @ some of these laws, I dont doubt a one, in highschool i was asked to do a paper on strange local laws and you wouldnt belive all the strange shit I found such as,
In fairfield, Al its against the law to row a boat down Gary Ave.
In birmingham, Al its illegal for a black man not to tip his hat to a white woman on the street.
Another Birmingham, Al law states that it is illegal to spit on the sidewalk in front of the court house.
Of course there are the laws about beating your wife, tying your horse, ect. ect.
how about. no “eyeballing” a white woman, how about stepping off the sidewalk when whites passed by, how about eating outside restaurants,even though they took your money inside. how about separate water fountains, how abouth the three- fiths rule in voting how about the many “incredulous laws that America was proud of. shit anything is possible when old grungy ass predjudice self serving hypocritic bastards make the laws
This stuff is what law is about. When people misuse freedom, laws are made against them. Since Sept 11 it is illegal to have duct tape in your hand luggage. In Nigeria you may be required to wipe you pee off the pavement if you ease yourself at the wrong place. Also a doctor is held by law to inform a patient that he (the doctor) is HIV positive before performing surgery on him, but the patient is free to disclose this information to anyone.
hey im from texas and most of those laws about texas are not true. like for example, if i wanted to go murder someone i wouldnt have to tell them first. ya know? and in kindergarten i had a boyfriend and i said he was my husband and he called me his wife and look who ISNT married!
but the article was hilarious!
Everyone fuck you
Dude…to everyone on here that’s bitching about the “laws” on this page…GET THE FUCK OVER IT! They may or may not be real, but if you lighten up, you’ll realize that they’re just for laughs. If you don’t like what you read, then go to a different page.
I live in ohio,and first why would you get a fish drunk,and 2nd who’s going to know if you do.
Ew dude this sick and wrong. It’s wronick.
first of all if you feel you have to cuss in your reply then you seem to lack the education needed to give a reply worth reading. Secondly, most of these laws, if they are real, would not be Known by the general public because they are no longer enforced but have not yet been removed from the books. Personally, I just think it is interesting to see ridiculous things local politicians will do with thier power.
my favorite was the one about native americans
“In Montana a gathering of more than seven Native Americans is considered a war party and you can engage them in open warfare.”
lets go kill us some natives!!!!!!!
good job dale noname!!!!!!!! well said mi amigo
can somone explain this to me?
In Arizona, USA, it is illegal to hunt camels.
are there even camels in AZ?
In Massachusetts, USA, it is illegal for mourners to eat no more than three sandwiches at a wake.
i’m not questioning its authenticity just the reasoning behind it
in Sedalia Missouri it is illegal to poop off your porch
and if your dog or cat poops on your lawn you will get sued if you dont clean it up before it hardens
Thnks alot for the laugh! i really enjoyed and I think that all those who took this article seriously should really take a chill pill and relax because it was just for fun! come on ppl! i haven’t heard of funny laws here in South Africa yet but keeping my eyes peeled to add on this hilarious article. man for a complete waist of time this article really did keep me laughing!!!!! keep me laughing PLEASE!!!!
Waw what incconsistant Laws our world have! So how dare onegoverment, including the super contries’, critisizes or comments the other governmets, on what common legal bases? even the so called “humman right watch dogs”.
I want to shoot my jizz on everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it’s illegal to hunt camels in arizona???? we don’t even have camels in arizona…..who the fuck made up that gay ass fuckin law….i can see it now….some dumb redneck sitting in a tree with a .270 with his custom made camel call and a six pack of beer….i’m gonna go look up and find out if that law was ever passed…some of these might just be laws that they wanted to pass but never passed….or like people said they could all be effective but just not enforced….but i agree with some of the others….it’s for humor….not for you fuckin people to bitch about….
Hey, I go Deer hunting and seldom return with a Deer! I just as well be hunting Camel! I didn’t get one of those either! Or maybe Jackalope!
Most of those are just idiotic applications of real laws.
Can’t shoot camels in Az?
Can’t hunt anything not considered either a game animal or a pest.
Can’t tie a giraffe to a lamppost in Atlanta?
Of course not, it’s illegal to tie ANY animal to a lamppost in Atlanta.
Interferes with traffic, and is cruel.
Note: it is also illegal to shoot anyone who sends you an e-mail with exactly 12 lines of text…. why?
Because it is illegal to shoot anyone.
in pennsylvania Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.
by law ‘In London black cabs must carry a shovel with them at all times’ (to clean up the horse poo)
I think all these laws are true, its just they’re not enforced because they are ridiculous and everyone knows it (so no one knows about them), but they are very funny!
It England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
nope, but it will not be sent
it ought to be illegal for you all to use the profane language clean it up.
These kinds of law are really strange.
ok how is impotence being a grounds of divorce weird? it cant ruin a relationship!
hola all, i’m really listless on the internet so you all should contact moi if ya are too, strike up a convo :). or possibly facebook, my name on there is john walinsky
Mike Potillo’s How to go from Minor League Networking to Major League Networking in 7 Simple Steps!
Endless Free Leads Forever
I live in London and all of the laws listed there from London, England are NOT true. You are allowed to throw a stick to your dog and wife beating if COMPLETELY ILLEGAL.
These are all lies!
In Arkansas, it once was against the law to buy Toilet Paper on Sunday!
I have seen your US laws. Of the I have no problem or really care since you country is financially ruined anyway and has no real future.
You don’t seem to understand why some of the UK law especially are especially “not stupid”. In the USA if you fly a flag upside down you are indicate your location is in a area or state of distress. In the UK the Royal Highness is the same symbol. During WW2 it was how then communicated with France national headquarters in cases of priority bombing from Germany of v2 rockets.”
Read or watch Moby Dick the real on to under the traditional right of Why England kept the laws regarding rum. It was customary for whalers of the time the provided the oil that powered lights.
A police helmet in the UK is used as a “pisspot” as the Kings did as again a monarchical inheritance.
In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague. – again from WW2
In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, it was illegal to tie a male horse next to a female horse. – You are obviously young and American for sure.
Here is one for you from the UK free. The slur “FUCK” stands for “Find Under Carnal Knowledge”. I it abbreviation for a legal reference area for those who studied law when laws regarding rape were few, but to increase and stop the study that area had to be expanded. Time and time again that people who updated laws for the protection of women and men regarding sexual abuse became tedious to the point people would get frustrated in the editing areas because the word was used so constantly. First it began in the streets by frustrated people saying just the word and evolved from that. Even King George “Like in the movie The Kings Speech” knew it which is why he hesitated until being tutor for his speech impediment because of his temper – again WW2
Excuse my grammar in my previous comment. I was without my Glasses and it is was 3am when first I wrote it.
I have always wondered why people of this world have no interest in why a thing is wrong or right, the investigation to chase the real truth.This once meant something in the west and was so at the time it was created.
If you even read instead of surfed or watched TV grabbing snippets of garbage snatched here and there you might understand.
“My Country, right or wrong!”
That is a quote from Oliver Holmes. One of the so called Greatest Supreme Court Justice’s with the one except he also agree with sterilization of the mentally incompetent as he called them. Because he believed that 3 generations of this type would be “sapping the welfare of the state” – That last part on sterilization was used to free some Nazi’s as a result. Those in the Ministry of Justice during WW2.
I like to refer to WW2 now that Germany has unsealed all the records from that time. Because it is what made America the A Bomb and subsequently a superpower. The unsealed records are now revealing that the War may have been avoidable on 533 pages are scanned and more reside where the Wannsee Conference took place where in 86 mins 9 million maybe more human lives we decided on if Germany had got Russia it would have be and additional 11 million.
which now contains some documents added to this memorial home
That was meant to say 533 scanned of and entire building of documents.
I live in victoria australia and you are allowed to wear hot pink pants when ever you like. Get your facts right!!!
Artists have been inspired this year, great albums coming out so far.