Written by molly
2) 9.4 Million children have No health insurance.
3) Insurance costs are outpacing income by eight-fold.
5) The cost of health care causes bankruptcy every 30 seconds.
6) By the end of 2009 1.5 Million people are going to lose their homes due to illness.
8) Americans spent $2.2 Trillion on health care in 2008.
9) 1/3 of the US population under age 65 has NO health insurance.
10) US Health care costs are twice the GDP of India.
11) Americans life expectancy is 2 years less than Europeans.
12) Projected health care costs by 2012 are $3.1 Trillion a year.
13) Health care cost are 4 times higher than our national defense.
14) America spent 17% of it’s GDP on health care in 2008.
15) By 2017 Americans will be spending 20% of GDP on health care.
17) Premiums for employer based health care went up by 5% in 2008, small employers premiums went up 5.5%, small business with less than 24 workers went up 6.8%.
18) Annual premiums for family coverage eclipsed the gross earnings for a full time, minimum wage worker ($10, 712) per year.
19) Health insurance is the fastest growing expense cost component for employers, health care costs will over take profits.
20) Health insurance premiums have grown four times faster than wages.